Union WELL Inc. is not supported by academic funding; therefore, the use of WELL facilities’ primary function will be to program recreational activities for members of the WELL. Occasional academic classes and/or meetings may be scheduled on a pre-approved basis, provided such use by an academic class will not pre-empt a function for which the area of the WELL would normally be utilized.
- The number of academic classes that have been pre-approved to utilize space within the WELL building during a given semester will be determined by impact on overall WELL programming, and use of the building. In order to minimally impact the WELL, typical academic class utilization will not exceed three course sections per semester.
- Scheduling of an academic program will be done through the WELL Director or designee. A Memorandum of Understanding between the Department requesting use will be required, which will outline the risks, liability, and resource management needs.
- Use of Activity Space will be limited to experiential teaching formats. No lecture type classroom will be provided in an activity space.
- Use of the Conference and Meeting Suites will follow the criteria noted below:
- Reservation must not be in conflict with existing programs or events.
- Reservation must be for one-time use per-semester per-department (no on-going or recurring programs).
- Reservation must be for a special event or special presentation.
- Reservation must require larger accommodations than the space currently provided from Campus Space Management.
- Reservation must submit documentation from Space Management that no other location is available to host the requested special event or special presentation on campus.
- Reservation will be billed directly to the Individual Department requesting use. The fee will be at the Campus Department rate and not billed to the University Invoice.
- Request for usage not identified within the Activity Space or the Conference and Meeting Space Suites categories shall be treated on a case-by-case basis and reviewed by the WELL Director and/or designee.
- All facilities and equipment will be treated with respect at all times and put back in the proper place at the end of the academic session.
- Instructors and students will follow all policies and rules of the WELL while in the facility and follow any instructions given by the WELL staff during any academic session. Replacement or repair charges can and will be levied to recover any costs associated with damage to or loss of equipment.
- These policies are subject to change and revision at any time as determined by the WELL management staff. Proper notice will be provided in advance of any policy change.
- Failure to follow these policies may result in termination of academic use privileges by that instructor and/or department.
Adopted: December 2, 2009
Updated: February 19, 2014
Updated: March 18, 2015