The following policy has been developed in order to facilitate the efficient and equitable utilization of the WELL conference suite for programs, special events, and meetings.
Guidelines and Procedures
Booking Conference Space in the WELL
- All conference suite reservations will be handled through Special Events and Informal Recreation in the WELL. The conference suite shall be available for program scheduling with priority given to : 1) Union WELL Inc., and 2) tenants of the WELL. All other conference suite reservations will be on a first come first serve basis through Special Events and Informal Recreation either in person, via OPUS (web based reservation system) or in writing.
- Conference suite rental in the WELL will be available during regular operating hours. Any request for use of the conference suite outside of regular business hours will need to be approved by the Director of the WELL.
Charges for Use of Scheduled Conference Space
- No charge will be assessed for recognized student organizations if admission and/or participation are free. (Charges to participants for food service, and when donations are required or actively solicited, will be billed to the club). If an admission charge or donation is required then a minimum service fee will be assessed and billed.
- For a function of a University department or organization, expenses, including cost of labor and overhead, will be charged a minimum two hour fee.
- A Non-University organization event sponsored by a University Department (in which the Department handles the event arrangements and payment of invoices,) will include cost of labor plus any additional overhead, and will be charged a minimum two hour fee.
- For a non-University organization, expenses, including cost of labor and overhead, will be charged a minimum two hour fee .
- Overtime, insurance, and/or other special fees will be charged in all cases. Special events, which require unusual or complex set-up or staffing, will be charged additional fees accordingly.
- Equipment rental or other outside charges incurred by the WELL for a scheduled event will be billed to the scheduling organization or individual.
- Excessive cleanup, repairs, and damages will be charged to the scheduling organization or individual in all cases.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing. If a cancellation or no-show fee is incurred, all fees will be billed directly to the organization on the next billing cycle. Existing reservations will be modified to a tentative position and will lose priority until all fees are paid in full. Additional reservations will not be accepted until all fees are paid in full.
Reservation cancellations and no shows incur unnecessary cost, diverts staff from support for occurring events, precludes use by other organizations and prevents the offering of events to the campus. For the above reasons, the following fees and timelines must be adhered to for all facility reservations.
- Single-day reservations require a two week cancellation notice prior to the reservation. Cancellations that do not meet the two week notification time period will be subject to a $75 fee for a single room plus $20 per additional room (Terrace Suite = 3 rooms)
- Multiple day reservations require a 30 day cancellation notice prior to the reservation. Cancellations that do not meet the 30 day notification time period will be subject to a $75 fee for a single room plus $20 per additional room (Terrace Suite = 3 rooms)
- Off campus organizations require full payment at time of contract (unless noted in contract terms). A cancellation notice of 45 days prior to the reservation is required to receive a 50% refund. All fees are forfeited if a cancellation is not made within the 45 day notification time period.
Activity Space (Gym box/MAC):
- All reservations require a 45 day cancellation notice prior to the reservation. Cancellations that do not meet the 45 day notification time period will be subject to a fee equal to 75% of the rental cost.
- All reservations require a 2 week cancellation notice prior to the reservation. Cancellations that do not meet the 2 week time period will be subject to a fee equal to 75% of the rental cost.
- All facility reservations which are ultimately not used, will be subject to a $90 fee or the actual cost of the reservation if higher.
Should a scheduled event run over the scheduled time allotment and prevent the following scheduled event from being held, an additional charge of $50 or actual costs involved, whichever is greater, will be assessed and billed to the event sponsor.
Priority Scheduling of WELL space:
- Conference space requested by WELL staff for WELL programs will be given priority over other requests.
- Conference space requested by the tenants of the WELL, must be made in writing or in person with the Facilities and Informal Recreation department. These activities will be given priority over other requests.
- Conference space requested by other campus organizations and departments, must be made in writing, on OPUS, or in person with the Special Events and Informal Recreation department.
- All other space requests will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- No confirmed space shall be cancelled except by agreement of the scheduling party or in case of overriding University need
- The Union WELL Inc. reserves the right to assign or reassign rooms to best accommodate the event size and needs for all groups.
- Conference space may be used for an event by an organization only when such event and organization is in accord with all applicable University regulations. All regulations are available through the Facilities and Informal Recreation department, and no space can be scheduled until all such policies are complied with and all necessary approvals given.
- We allow nonaffiliated Union WELL Inc. organizations, to schedule one reoccurring meeting a month in order to allow the largest possible number of groups to use the building.
- When events require security personnel, the Special Events and Informal Recreation department will assist in obtaining Campus Police. All costs that are incurred will be billed to the event's sponsor. Determination of security needs will be made by Public Safety in consultation with the Assistant Director of Special Events and Informal Recreation.
Adopted: December 2, 2009
Updated: August 7, 2012
Updated: September 19, 2016
Updated: November 2, 2016