Chargeable events held in the University Union or The WELL that have not been prepaid will be billed to the event sponsor after the event is over. All events held by an off campus group are required to be prepaid in full prior to the event date. The Executive Director, Associate Executive Director or Director* may approve an exception. The procedure for accounting and collecting unpaid Facility Usage Fees is listed below
GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
- Each meeting/event that incurs fees for the use of the University Union or The WELL has the appropriate charge recorded on the reservation.
- A summary of all meetings with charges incurred during the prior week is produced on each Tuesday and reviewed by the University Union’s Asst. Director, Event Services for accuracy and any adjustments that may be needed for Union events. The WELL’s Asst. Director, Special Events and Informal Recreation completes this process for WELL events. .
- The University invoice is processed following the same procedure as described in #2 but on a quarterly basis.
- A memo is sent by the University Union’s Asst. Director, Event Services and The WELL’s Asst. Director, Special Events and Informal Recreation to the ASI Business Office instructing them to invoice the appropriate groups weekly.
- Invoices are paid via cash, check or credit card to the ASI Business Office.
- A list of all past due invoices is given to the University Union’s Asst. Director, Event Services and The WELL’s Asst. Director, Special Events and Informal Recreation each month by Union WELL Inc.’s Accounting Manager. Union WELL Inc.’s Accounting Manager directs the collection process of invoices unpaid after 30 days.
- Groups that have invoices that remain unpaid after 45 days following the invoice date receive a warning that they are at risk of being placed on unable to book status and not being able to reserve future dates, and risk that future reservations may be cancelled. If the invoice remains unpaid after the warning, the group is placed on unable to book status. If payment still has not been received after 90 days, any remaining reservations can be cancelled. At year-end, receivables that are deemed to be un-collectable are written off after review and approval of Union WELL Inc. Executive Director and future usage privileges are retracted.
*Director of Financial Services is excluded from this authority due to the need for segregation required for financial duties.
Adopted: October, 1990
Updated: April 17, 2002
Adopted: May 9, 2002
Updated: November 2, 2016