The University Union will strive at all times to present to our customers the highest standards of service, cleanliness, comfort and satisfaction. In keeping with these standards, employees are encouraged to present a personal appearance of equally high caliber.
Guidelines and Procedures
The following are suggested guidelines for employee dress and appearance:
- All employees will wear uniforms assigned to their area and will wear clothing suitable to their area of employment as would be acceptable in the general business community.
- Employees’ uniforms will be kept clean and neat at all times. Nametags are to be worn on the right chest, opposite the logo.
- Employees, their person, and their clothing will be neat, clean and well groomed at all times. T-shirts, tank tops, shorts, hats or headbands may not be worn on duty. Ripped or "fashion-torn" clothing is not to be worn.
- Sandals, bare feet, or open-toed shoes are not acceptable. Any employee working in a position that requires lifting, carrying, or heavy work will wear shoes that afford full protection and safety. Canvass, vinyl, or cloth shoes shall not be worn in those situations. For safety purposes, all employees are encouraged to select shoes that have soles of a material other than leather.
- Chewing gum or using tobacco products when in a position of contact with the customer is not acceptable.
Adopted: April 11, 2002