Utilizing appropriate financial procedures to ensure consistent and effective control of invoices as a part of the procurement policy.
Guidelines and Procedures
- White copy to vendor
- Yellow to Business Office
- Pink to "Ordered by"
- Gold to Director's secretary - "Purchase Order Pending" file
Upon receipt of invoice
- Check invoice against goods received and purchase order details.
- Mark pink purchase order with invoice number and date approved.
- Mark invoice number and date sent for payment on gold copy of purchase order.
- When all items on purchase order have had invoices sent for payment, then file purchase order in "Purchase Order Completed" file by vendor's name.
- If enough copies of invoice, attach last copy to purchase order.
Adopted: June, 1975
Updated: May 9, 2002