Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Space Utilization Procedure – Serna Plaza
Who may use the space
- Recognized student organizations,
- Ad-hoc CSUS student groups and/or university affiliated groups that represent an articulated, identifiable idea or purpose,
- CSU Sacramento University departments and auxiliary organizations,
- Off-campus organizations that are non-profit and are related to the University’s educational and/or community service mission.
When is the space available for events
- The plaza is available for events during all regularly scheduled Union building hours, providing the use of the space does not preclude or hinder a previously scheduled event in the University Ballroom, or interfere with activities in the adjacent service corridor and storage areas, or that does not violate the campus amplified sound policy with regard to class interference.
- The space may be made available for events at times during which the Union is normally closed, providing all necessary costs and Union-staffing requirements can be met.
How is the space reserved
- All reservation requests for events at the Plaza will be processed through the University Union Arrangements office.
- For reservation requests made more than 48 hours before the event, all existing reservation policies apply as they would to any other event space in the Union, as processed through the University Union Arrangements office, and requiring the approvals as noted below:
- For recognized student organizations:
- A student organization officer will request the space through Union Arrangements. The request will be evaluated on the criteria in section 1a) and 2 above and entered as a tentative special event space request,
- The request will be sent to the Student Activities Advisor for approval,
- With the S.A. office approval and the Student Organization officer’s signature, the Arrangements office will confirm the event.
- For ad-hoc or non-affiliated student groups:
- A student leader or spokesperson will request the space through Union Arrangements. The request will be evaluated and if acceptable, entered as a tentative special event space request,
- The request will be forwarded to the Student Activities office for approval based on the criteria in sections 1.b and section 2 above. The Assistant Director of the Union and the Director of Student Activities will consult on the most appropriate support system which can be provided on short notice to the sponsoring group,
- The approved request will be signed by the group leader or spokesperson and entered as confirmed by the Arrangements office.
- For University Departments and Auxiliary Organizations:
- A faculty or staff member from the department will request the space through Union Arrangements. The request will be evaluated and if acceptable, entered as a tentative special event space request