The purpose of this program will be to allow recognized student organizations to use a high-profile location inside the University Union to promote the purposes of their group.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Manner of use:
- Student Organizations registered with the Student Activities Office only.
- No sales, fund-raising or solicitation of any kind. No credit card solicitation.
- There must be an officer or an officer’s designee from the group present at the table at all times, and a sign on the table displaying the group’s name.
- Information is to be made available only to those who approach the table; no loud or aggressive behavior is permitted. Group officers or their designees must remain behind the table.
- Tables may be reserved for no more than two days in any semester, Monday – Friday only.
- A group may use only one table at a time.
- Set up:
- Up to two 6’x30" folding tables with two chairs at each table will be set up by Building Operations staff each day scheduled, no earlier than 30 minutes before the group’s arrival time. Bldg. Ops will remove them within 30 minutes after the group’s departure. A 110-volt power outlet is also available nearby.
- An officer of the organization through the Scheduling office reserves tables in advance. Student Activities approval is required for all bookings.
- When no tables are reserved, no tables will be set up and tables will be removed immediately at the completion of a reservation.
- The University Union reserves the right to remove the information tables when necessary for special events or other purposes.
- Space will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the same reservation deadlines as the semester scheduling for regular meetings.
- In the event of misconduct or failure to adhere to Union or University policies, the student organization may lose its reservation privileges for the balance of the semester.
- Implementation will be through the Union Arrangements and Scheduling Office
Adopted: April 11, 2002